ANDREA MIKOLON | EVENT COORDINATOR
What exactly is Skitoberfest?
- "Skitoberfest is Boyne Mountain's personal spin on Oktoberfest celebrating the coming winter. During this annual event, we pay special tribute to all our Property Owners and Season Passholders and our local community. This event is full of so many amazing performances, from the talented Ben Daniels Band to a performance from Boyne Area Gymnastics along with fire eaters, aerialists, and live statues."
Where/when is Skitoberfest?
- "Saturday October 5 in our Village and Mountain Express Base Area located next to the six-man high-speed lift."
Is this event open to the public?
- "Of course it is! This is a great event for all."
What's new at this year's Skitoberfest?
- "We are happy to be offering a Stein Hoisting Competition this year as well as keg bowling. Take a crack at either or both of these events and you could win some amazing prizes."
What should I bring to Skitoberfest?
- "Bring all your friends and family! The only thing better than having a blast at Skitoberfest is having a blast will all of your friends and family at Skitoberfest. Also come dressed for the weather, this event is all outside."
Is this a family-friendly event?
- "Definitely family-friendly, we offer tons of children's events, such as face painting, an obstacle course, inflatables, paintball, a tubing hill, pony rides, and you can make a stuff-a-friend that you can take home with you at the end of the day."
What are you looking forward to the most?
- "Noon on Saturday, at that point I get to see guests starting to arrive and the event is officially kicked off. There is a lot of planning that goes into Skitoberfest and we do it all for our guests; so watching them enjoy all that this event has to offer brings me such joy and happiness."